Acuitas® MDRO Tests
Complete Solution to Control, Confirm, and Combat MDROs
Contact us to order or call Customer Service: (888) 856-2748
- Rapidly Screen for Infection Control Risks with Acuitas MDRO Gene Test
- Accurately Confirm CRE Presence with Acuitas CR Elite Test
- Comprehensively Genotype MDRO Isolates with Acuitas Resistome Test
- Type, track, and trend MDRO data using Acuitas Lighthouse™ MDRO Management System
Acuitas MDRO Gene Test
Identify presence of antibiotic resistant genes for high-risk patients quickly and with high sensitivity and specificity.
Make better informed infection control decisions regarding the need for contact precautions and isolation.
DNA Sequence-based technology detects genes associated with CRE, Carbapenemase Producers, CTX-M related ESBLs, and VRE directly from one swab*.
- Molecular methods detect more patients at risk than traditional culture.1,2,3,4
- Coverage of more than 200 sub-types
- Results delivered from OpGen Clinical Services Laboratory within 24 hours of receipt of specimens
*Validated for peri-anal swabs collected with Eswabs™ (trademark of Copan Diagnostics, Inc). Culture isolates also validated.
Acuitas CR Elite Test
Quickly screen for antibiotic resistance genes and confirm the presence of CRE
From one surveillance swab*, test specimens with the Acuitas MDRO Gene Test and phenotypic methods to confirm presence of Carbapenem Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE).
- Highly sensitive carbapenemase gene detection
- Isolate obtained from CRE Selective Culture
- ID/AST confirms organism identity and antibiotic susceptibility profile
- Receive MDRO Gene Test results from OpGen Clinical Laboratory Services within 24 hours of specimen receipt, get notified of CRE isolate growth within 48 hours, and receive ID/AST reports within 72 hours.
Acuitas Resistome Test
Rapid and comprehensive genotyping of MDRO isolates for epidemiology research and investigations
Genetically characterize susceptible and resistant phenotypes
DNA sequence-based test, detects 49 genes covering over 900 subtypes associated with antibiotic resistance.
- Detects genes associated with major drug resistance classes: Carbapenemases (including plasmid mediated CRE genes), ESBL, & AmpC
- For transmission investigations, quickly determines differences among isolates and selects candidates for high resolution Acuitas Whole Genome Sequence Analysis
- Use Resistome results to create objective , gene-based “digital” profiles of isolates with Acuitas Lighthouse MDRO Management System
- Analysis available for culture isolates
Detects antibiotic resistance genes associated with organisms such as:
Klebsiella pneumoniae, Escherichia coli, Acinetobacter baumannii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacter cloacae, Citrobacter freundii
Results delivered from OpGen Clinical Services Laboratory within 24 hours of receipt of specimens.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.